December 24th, 2021

Custom Sprites: Finally, every character in the Marvel and DC gallery that only had a sprite edit based on a Capcom fighting game sprite now has a sprite I made from scratch. I’ve been working toward this goal on the side for a while, but I just decided to clear them all out before 2021 ended. Some of these new sprites are exact or close replacements for the old poses, but not all of them. The edits for those characters who weren’t originally in the games will be removed from the Image Generators.
Megaman: Megaman classic – redid the Rockman 1 title screen pose from scratch, Elecman (NES stance), Dr. Wily, and (by popular demand) Yellow Devil
Run Saber (new separate gallery): Allen and Sheena, new scratch-made idle sprites
DC Comics: Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Red Tornado, Green Lanterns Guy Gardner, Arisia, Katma Tui, Kilowog, and a new Justice League group sprite with the Brave and the Bold #28 line-up.
Marvel Comics: Archangel, Havok, Professor X, Psylocke, Rogue, X-23, Doctor Octopus, the Lizard, and new group sprites of the Avengers (issue #1) and the X-Men (Konami beat ’em up playable roster)
Masters of the Universe: new Skeletor sprite (with Havok Staff)
G.I.JOE: all-new scratch-made Quick Kick

Atlus: Run Saber
Marvel Comics: Archangel, Professor X
DC Comics: Blue Beetle, Red Tornado

ToyBoss: Added a page for my first custom figure in FIFTEEN YEARS and first custom Marvel Legend has been added to the page, the Red Skull in his business suit (as seen in Data East’s Captain America and the Avengers)!

All sprites (except for the group sprites) have been added to the image generators, along with:
– the Comic Book arcade background being added to the main generator (Group, Vs., MvC Ending, Comic 88×136, Boxes).

Last, but definitely not least, there’s a Wrap-Up video on the ScrollBoss YouTube channel! The vid is a mix of clips from my 2021 videos (the Superhero Showcade with Iron Man and Batman, Beat ‘Em Up Showcade 2021, DangerTerrorHorrorThon, and more), a few updated clips (The Gotham villain scroll no longer has Bane in it), and some all-new clips, including some with the sprites in today’s update:

It’s been a tiring year (online and off), so I’m going to get some rest for a while. Thank you for coming through, I hope you have a great remainder of 2021, and I’ll see you on the other side of New Year’s Eve!

5 Responses to “the 2021 Wrap-up”

  1. Firstly, congrats on reaching your Marvel/DC goal!

    The face / skull on that new Skeletor is AWESOME. He’s one of my favorite villains ever, and you’ve given us another fantastic sprite of him. The detail on the havoc staff is just icing on the cake (it seems to have a bit of an underbite, but I’m not complaining!)

    Thanks for all the pixels you’ve given us in 2021, and here’s hoping that 2022 will be a good year for us all!

    Happy Holidays :)

  2. Thanks for the kind words, Eddie, and Happy belated Holidays to you!
    I was hoping Skeletor’s new skull looked better, I’ll try to carry that over into any new sprites (or redoing the old one) for him. I tried to give the Havoc Staff skull a shape that wouldn’t turn into trouble when I had to draw or animated at different angles, so it’s kinda funky.
    There’ll be a medium-sized update in a week or two to kick off 2022!

  3. Happy New Year!

    Thank you for your hard work in 2021
    I wish you a good year in 2022
    I hope you will be healthy and smoothly creating in 2022

  4. looks like many people such as Elongated Man , Mr Freeze , Red Tornado , Beast Boy , Bizarro , Scarecrow and Crossbones , Moonstone , Hyperion are out of the generator list

  5. All missing characters have been added, thanks for the alert on that!
    Bizarro and Hyperion (check the Squadron Supreme/Sinister) were already there the whole time, but it’s easy to overlook a character in that thing (as I’ve done that A LOT).
    Freeze, Scarecrow, Moonstone were in the old versions of the generator. When recoding the character set-up in the generator, I made a script to re-write all the old character data files in the folder, but the script skipped those three (and probably others) for some odd reason, because I found the old versions in the old data folder.